- Bac-Out Stain & Odor Eliminator or PureAyre, food-grade odor eliminator (available at Petco). These products don't just cover up a smell, they actually gets rid of it. They're also biodegradable and non-toxic.
- Save old tee-shirts or hand towels that you no longer want specifically for cleaning up after your animals. That way, you don't waste paper products and the dish towels stay reserved for the dishes.
- Limit "accidents" to easily cleanable surfaces like tile. Greet your pets in the mudroom or tile entryway and immediately let them out to do their business. When picking a room for your pets to hangout in, avoid carpet. Also avoid letting pooches have accidents on the cushions of your furniture. If they do, and you ultimately have to replace the stuffing, use eco-friendly stuffing like MountainMist.
- Bathe Your Pet: You care about the hair products you use on yourself, but what about your pet? Use Shea Pet Sulfate Free shampoo from OliveGreenDog or make your own:
Ingredients (mix, shake and use!):
- 1/3 cup glycerin
- 1 cup all natural dish soap
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart water
Any other green cleaning ideas for your pet?