Maintaining a clean house can have a calming effect on the overall energy of the home. We clean our home to eliminate bacteria, dirt, and dust. However, when we use traditional cleaning supplies our home has a chemical or harsh bleach smell instead of a fresh scent — we've started the process of switching out all our household cleaning products for less toxic, green household cleaners.
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day: All the cleaning supplies are made with natural essential oils and the bottles are biodegradable and phosphate-free.
- Attitude: Many of their products are vegan and free of harsh chemicals.
- Seventh Generation: Seventh Generation has a complete line of cleaning and household products. Also, they dedicate 10% of their profits to non-profit community, environmental, health, and responsible business organizations working for positive change.
- Method: Biodegradable ingredients such as soy, coconut and palm oils make up the Method cleaning supplies.
- Biokleen: Biokleen's mission is to provide super concentrated cleaning supplies with fewer fillers, which results in less waste and more value for the consumer.
- Vaska: The laundry products were created by a former fashion designer and use advanced botanical solutions from lavender to clean the clothes.
- Murchison-Hume: Murchison-Hume is a premium organic cleaning product that is even used in commercial settings.
What are your favorite green cleaning products?
Images: The Organic Beauty Expert, Really Natural, Local Goods, Popsop, Dogster's, The Design Files, Luv My Two Girls