I love to give and receive plants and bulbs as gifts. They are beautiful, useful, easy to personalize, sustainable, and budget friendly. You just can’t go wrong with a gift of nature.
Here are eight gift ideas this holiday season:
- DIY terrariums, such as this small terrarium made in a magnetic tin, are a great way to create a unique and sustainable gift. Check out more ideas on Inhabitat.
- Amaryllis ($14.95) and Paperwhite bulbs ($29.95 set of 10 bulbs) from Crate and Barrel. *Kits do not include containers.
- Lovely and easy DIY idea: Wrap up a small plant, such as this jade plant, in a natural fabric and tie it with a pretty bow to make a beautiful and long-lasting gift.
- Galvanized herb kit ($35). Great gift for gardening and cooking enthusiasts. And fantastic looking to boot!
- I saw these small rosemary trees featured as a tabletop idea on Joss and Main and was inspired by the simple and elegant presentation. This would be very easy to recreate, DIY style, with a small rosemary tree and a decorative container.
- The soft, clean fragrance of lavender is glorious. This small lavender grow pot ($22) comes in a delicate bamboo container and allows you to grow lavender virtually anywhere. What a treat. *Other grow pot varieties are available.
- Stackable living eco-cube air plants ($25). Air plants look incredibly refined, yet they are quite budget-friendly, durable, and extremely easy to care for (as in, you really don’t have to do anything).
- Bonsai Tree Kit: Japanese Elm ($34). This kit contains everything you need to grow and sculpt your own bonsai tree. Includes authentic tools and instructions.