Location: Albany, Oregon
After my husband and I found out we were expecting our second son, we paid a visit to Home Depot to look at paint colors. Since I picked the color in our older son's room, my husband decided he wanted to pick the color for the baby's room. He chose forest green, since he thought it was masculine looking. :)
When I decorate, I tend to gravitate toward cool tones, especially when it comes to paint colors, so the green was already something I never would have chosen myself. I got to work on planning colors that would compliment it, and tried to find a theme I wanted to use.
After looking at a ton of color palettes, searching online for inspiration and walking up and down store aisles for something to grab my attention, I ended up just starting fresh with my own ideas. I hopped onto to Etsy, since I knew it would provide unique items and the ability to custom design some things I had in mind. I wasn't disappointed!
I chose to base the room off a "Brave Little Man" theme. I loved the idea of having arrows, with some geometric patterns mixed in. I went with browns, greens and burnt orange, as I felt they complimented each other well, and gave me lots of options when choosing decor.
All in all, I love how the room turned out! It's special because the furniture was purchased when we we had our first son, and now we get to use it again, but also because each item was thoughtfully selected, which makes the space so much more personal. I can hardly wait to introduce our little guy to his new room!
The furniture in the room was used for my firstborn. I love that the photo shows the teeth marks on the crib. My first little guy loved that during teething times. :) I didn't want to cover it up, since now his little brother will get good use out of the same crib (and most likely do the same thing to it!).
- Brown Pouf Ottoman - Aletafae
- Green & White Arrows - Fletcher and Fox
- Grey Crib Sheet with White Arrows - Max and Grace
- Large Vinyl Wall Decal - Stick it There
- "Be Brave & Be Kind" Wooden Wall Art - Pamela Joyce Designs
- Grey Minky Changing Pad Cover - Birds Have Flowers
- "With Brave Wings You'll Fly" 5x7 Print - Persimmon Prints
- 3 John 1:4 8x10 Print - Paper Therapy Shop
- Isaiah 43:1 8x10 Print - Just Making Ends Meet
- "Brave" 5x7 Print - Maidservant of Encouragement
- Green Triangles Swaddle Blanket - Alphabet Monkey
- Burnt Orange Monogram Letter "G" - Naomi's Custom Gifts
- "Follow Your Dreams" 8x10 Print - Quotable Stuff
- "Be Strong and of Good Courage" Small Vinyl Wall Decal - Sweet Little Tweets
- Brown Arrow Swaddle Blanket - Kat and Stiina
- "Greyson" 8x10 Print - The Lion and the Lark
Thanks, Brittany! Readers, visit Brittany at Lady and Her Gents.
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE
(Image credits: Carla Mae Photography)