- Broadway, NC
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the plywood panels behind our bed. It's a little bit rustic and a little bit modern. It was a $50 DIY that adds the warmth and architectural character that our builder-grade home lacks.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Avoid the bedroom set. Instead select furniture pieces that you love and meet your specific needs. Everything in our room was either passed down from family or a thrift/antique store finds that I stained or painted to coordinate. I look for furniture with hints of Mid-Century design including clean lines and interesting form.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- With a young daughter we rarely sleep in, so I wanted to be greeted each morning by a space that was bright and uncluttered. I achieved this with lots of white including our vintage botanical bedside lamps, dressers and curtains. The light wood finish of our plywood paneled wall and side tables gives the space a cozy feel. The bedding and some small accessories add pops of vibrant color to the room. Aside from the wood behind the bed, the walls are left neutral and adorned with just a few personal pieces of art. This allows the form of the furniture and accessories to stand out. With less clutter and lots of white the room always feels clean and bright, a nice retreat from a busy day.
My Bedroom Retreat