As a little girl, we always wanted a canopy bed. The ability to close off our sleeping quarters felt at once magical and safe, and made us feel like a princess! As an adult, we're not aiming for the princess look in our room anymore, but love the idea of a grown-up canopy for a bit of magic...
Here are some of our favorites from Living Etc., our favorite source for inspirational images.
• 1 This great Portica four poster canopy in stainless steel adds a contemporary look to a vintage infused bedroom.
• 2 For a bit more princess, without being overwhelming, this pink four poster canopy adds a bit of playfulness.
• 3 Coupled with large decor and rich color, this four poster canopy doesn't outweigh the other visual highlights of the room.
• 4 If you have the space and means to do so, creating an architectural canopy is a gorgeous way to create visual drama and a bit of cozy appeal to a room.
• 5 This traditional four poster canopy looks even more dramatic up against a rustic exposed brick wall.
• 6 Teak is especially luxurious, especially in this slim-lined bed with just a bit of colorful crocheted canopy draped from the corner.
• 7 A classic Moroccan four poster silhouette becomes even more dramatic with an amber silken tapestry hung from one side of the canopy in front of a window.
• 8 The slightly askew lines of this beautiful canopy, coupled with small scattered rugs gives a traditional theme just enough modern interest.
• 9 This turned leg canopy gets a bit of modern polish by planing off the outside edges to a shear, flat facade. We love the combination of victorian charm and modern line.
• 10 Simple white curtains on a four poster canopy give a tropical, airy appeal that caters to the little kid inside of us while remaining sensible enough for an adult's room