The latest round of Guess the Decade began last Friday with this photo of a cook's kitchen. We found the photo on from the designer's website and thought it was filled with all the little details that make guessing fun
The crowd TOTALLY nailed this one. It is the eighties, through and through. The large majority said so, with 129 votes for the 80's vs. 76 for the 90's - the next highest ranked decade. The 70's came in third with 22, followed by NOW with 11, and there was a just a handful of votes for the 60's and earlier.
The kitchen is from a French-Caribbean residence in Mississippi designed by Charme-Tate in the late eighties. It appeared in Southern Living magazine.
What gave it away? According to the commenters, it was the appliances...and PlanItGirl is questioning herself now....she says, "Is something wrong with me? I'm kinda diggin' the 80's appliances for some reason... Nostalgia."
A very astute comment from cblls pretty much summed it up: "looks like a kitchen you'd see in a tom hanks movie. circa 'the burbs' i say 80s".
Photo: Charme Tate Interiors
More Guess the Decade:
- Guess the Decade: Living Room
- Guess the Decade: Living Room - The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Blue Kitchen
- Guess the Decade: Blue Kitchen - The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Home Office
- Guess the Decade: Home Office - The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Entrance Hall
- Guess the Decade: Entrance Hall - The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Saarinen Sitting Room
- Guess The Decade: Saarinen Sitting Room - The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Yellow, Red and White Kitchen
- Guess the Decade: Yellow, Red and White Kitchen - The Answer