- Los Angeles, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love all of the natural light, and the exposed brick wall in the main room. I also have a view of the downtown skyline, and a more immediate view of the local YMCA's basketball court, which is on the top level of its parking garage. I spend a lot of time working at my kitchen table and its nice being able to look out my window and watch whatever pick-up game is going on.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Leave white wall space and open floor space; it makes a space feel bigger and airier and balances more crowded/busy spaces.
2. Don't be afraid to use a lot of color--whether from art pieces, vases (which I probably have too many of...), or pillows--but do think about how color palettes merge or contrast with each other. The large bird print, a gift from my late grandmother, for instance, has dictated the color palette within which I've tried to stay in the main room.
3. Books, art, and plants are always nice--even in excess.
ATVideo of the Day