Your home gym can be both handsome and healthful. Gone are the days of uninspiring black rubberized equipment. These gym supplies are eco-friendly, affordable and compact. "Home gym" may sound a bit grand and daunting, but most people only need a few easy-to-find supplies to set up a convenient gym at home. Read more to see the starter kit.
I used to have a membership at my local neighborhood gym. Like many people with gym memberships, I went diligently during the first three months but soon afterward, hardly went again. Even though the gym was just a few blocks away. A fitness trainer friend told me that the key to many of her clients' success in fitness was their home gym. Soon after this conversation, my home gym was born, and I've never looked back.
Manage your weight, recharge your energy, balance your body chemistry, improve your strength, fitness and endurance with exercise.
Advantages of a Home Gym:
- You can easily integrate exercise into your schedule.
- You are comfortable and completely at ease.
- You can watch television to make the time pass quickly during your 20-40 minute cardio.
- There are no monthly fees.
- There is no commuting time to the gym, which could have been your exercise allocation.
- Exercise is convenient and private.
- You can incorporate exercise meetings with a buddy to keep you accountable.
A home gym can be a fraction of the cost of a year's membership to a gym. Don't feel you have to get the equipment for your home gym at once. As you progress, you can add more equipment as you go along. Here's a fun and stylish starter kit. By the way, the West Elm gym storage solution is a total splurge and is completely switchable with more budget friendly options.
Gym in a Box Starter Kit:
- Hand weights -- Savasa Hand Weight Set with Workout DVD. $14.99 - $24.99
- Body ball -- Savasa Eco Body Ball. $14.95 - $24.00
- Exercise Mat -- Natural Fitness Eco Yoga Mat. $29.99
- Gym storage -- any bench, basket, chest, or cabinet: West Elm Nailhead Upholstered Bench. $349.00
- Free online exercise demos -- sparkpeople.com. $0.00
- Free online fitness videos -- Spark People's Youtube channel . $0.00
To complete your budget home gym, add these simple supplies. They are probably already lying around your home.
- Water bottle
- Sneakers or athletic shoes
- Small towel
- Old clothes for working out (Or even pajamas. The beauty of a private gym!)
If your Space and Budget Increases:
The home gym starter kit combined with fitness videos can challenge the average person for years. However, if you decide you have the space and budget for larger equipment like cardio or weight machines, a great eco-friendly and budget friendly route is buying gently used equipment. Check out both local classifieds and online auction sites.