But custom doesn't come cheap. This desk looks like it belongs in the space, with birch colored IKEA shelves perfectly complementing the built-in kitchen cabinets right next to it. And there's plenty of space. The added LACK shelf on top gives plenty of room for a large monitor, two large speakers, a lamp and a separate MacBook Pro laptop. And don't forget the tons of storage space you get from 13 separate cubby holes.
If you want to build a standing desk like this yourself, head over to Ikea Hackers for the full step-by-step directions or check out some of our past posts about standing desks for other styles and solutions:
- A Standing Desk With Room for Storage Underneath
- 9 Standing Desks
- Doing It Standing Up: Scott's DIY Standup Desk
- Shane's DIY Standing Desk Project
- Make Your Own Standing Desk: 5 Second Makeover
- Where to Look for Stand-Up Desks?