Although the word "faux" generally makes me shudder a bit, if done right faux can be fabulous. While there's something to be said for slicing into a fresh orange pumpkin and removing its innards, sometimes you just don't have the time, space, or inclination for all of that mess.
There are other benefits to going fake as well - they don't rot, they can be reused year after year, and more likely than not no teenager is going to come around in the dead of night and smash it to pieces. Here are five of my favorite faux pumpkins to serve as a little inspiration...
1. Spooky Halloween Terrarium from The Paper Mama
2. Faux Stenciled Pumpkins from Calling it Home
3. Gold Thumbtack Pumpkins from Madigan Made
4. Faux Pumpkin Flowerpot from I Heart Naptime
5. Liquid Gilding Pumpkin from Lemonade Makin' Mama
(Images: as linked above)