Halloween less than a week away and many parties happening this weekend it is high time that we pulled together some of our favourite Halloween decorations for the tech set. Get inspired by these 13 decorations and let us know about some great decorations you've pulled off in the comments.
Great Tech Halloween Decorations
- The Mac-O-Lantern: Have an old Mac lying around that you don't mind painting orange? Follow the instructions from Fusebox to turn your old Mac into a Mac-O-Lantern.
- Spooky CRT Hologram: Create a hologram like effect using an old CRT monitor by following the NK5's lead.
- Carve a Geeky Pumpkin: Proudly fly your geek flag by following any of these very nerdy templates from ThinkGeek's The Great Geeky Pumpkin Template Contest. For a geeky pumpkin that will keep visitors away, check out the Flamethrowing Jack-O-Lantern.
- Noelportugal's Dropping Spider: Want to give your guests a fright? Follow this Instructable to create your own motion sensitive dropping spider.
- Mrfixit's Spooky Tesla Spirit Radio: This device not only makes a nifty looking decoration, it is sure to add some spooky charm to any Halloween party.
- Haunted House Eyes: Give your house some eyes by following this Instructable by Lextone.
- Oskay's Robotic Dalek Pumpkin: There are few words to describe just how much we love this robotic Dalek pumpkin that we spotted on Make. Well done, Oskay, well done.
- Poltergeist in a Box: If you have the electronics know how, follow AndyGadget's instructions to create your own spooky ghost in a box.
- Haunted Mansion Singing Busts One of the most high tech of the projects in this roundup, TheNewHobbyist went all out by creating these Arduino powered singing busts that rival Disney's Haunted Mansion.
- Home Sweet Fiery Home: Want a quick way to decorate your home that does not involve cobwebs and is sure to annoy your neighbours? Follow Jerjod's lead and use fiery lights.
- Interactive Haunted Mirror Create a haunted mirror using a monitor, webcam and some software that is sure to amuse your party guests at least for a little while.
- Illuminated Walkway: Want to really lay out the welcome mat for neighbouring kids clamouring for candy? Follow Flaming_pele's!'s instructions and make your own illuminated walkway.
- DIY Pop-Up Characters Ever wanted to create your own pop-up character to startle anyone near your home? These instructions are for you.
What are some fantastic tech Halloween decorations you've seen or made?
ATVideo of the Day