Most of the holiday decor we see this time of year is gloriously over the top; all bright orange, guts and gore, and cobwebs-a-plenty. But there is a way to decorate your home which stays true to a more simple aesthetic, while nodding subtly to the season. Read on for some Halloween DIYs that are cheap, modern, and – dare I say it – chic.
- This Boo banner from A Beautiful Mess is a simple DIY that acknowledges the holiday while blending in to your home.
- These fun cross stitch canvases would add a touch of Halloween style on a gallery wall. via Decorhacks.
- Tiny, whitewashed jack-o-lanterns are equally fun and adorable, found via Dwell.
- This DIY spiderweb is quick, simple and cheap, from The Art of Doing Stuff.
- Instead of carving your pumpkin, why not go for a strong, simple statement with paint and typography? via Lil'Luna.
- Sometimes, Halloween decor is as simple as adding black stripes to tall white candles. Beetlejuice-approved decor from Our Fifth House.
- This delicate bat-and-branch mobile from Martha Stewart is equal parts spooky and pretty.
- Speaking of spooky, a wreath covered with rats and spiders might be a bit repulsive for some, but spray-painted in a chic metallic finish, it becomes something else entirely. via Catch my Party.
- From Seventy Nine Ideas, I love the look of this Toilet Monster decal; it would be a great way to dress up a kid's bathroom at this time of the year.
- Finally, as if baby dolls weren't scary enough, why not take the heads, paint them white, and stick a candle in them? Would make for a unique and creepy mantle decoration, from Musings from the Bluebird Patch.
(Images: as linked above.)