Stunning, yet strangely unsettling, the prey-snatching venus flytrap is what Halloween dreams are made of. To channel the creepy-cool vibe, we used liquid eyeliner and magenta lipstick for a look that's a cinch to recreate—even in your office bathroom before dashing off to the Halloween parade. You can pair this tutorial with a Venus Flytrap Fascinator, but the effect is captivating even on its own.
What You'll Need:
- Green liquid eyeliner, we used Nyx Vivid Brights Liner, $7, but any green liquid liner will do the trick
- Magenta lip pencil
- Magenta lipstick, we used Face Stockholm Cream Lipstick, in Scorpio, $22
- Makeup setting spray (optional), we recommend L'Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray, $17, found at drugstores
1. Start with a base of your regular foundation and concealer (or go au naturel if that's your style). Apply winged eyeliner to the upper lash lines, extending the lines beyond the outer edges of both eyes.
2. Apply liner along the lower lash line of one eye, then drag the applicator brush downward and out toward the edges of your face. Continue adding spikes onto the Venus flytrap design, thickening and extending the lines.
3. Be bold! Build as big and branching of a design as you'd like. Close your eyes and mist lightly with setting spray. To make your lip color last all night, first fill in your lips with a lip pencil. Finish with a swipe of lipstick that matches the inside of your Venus Flytrap Fascinator.