Kyle from Apartment Therapy Boston recently had the idea to utilize a hall space for book storage. As lovers of shelving and books, we're into it. Browsing through some old house tours and posts, we found a few examples of different ways to pull off this look...
- 1 B, Joe & Rachael's home uses a rental-friendly, removable pressure-fitted wall to separate space and store books.
- 2 When Christy and John renovated their Logan Sqaure bungalow, they had their contractor create built-in shelving in their stairwell.
- 3 In Nicole and Brandon's home, the hallway at the top of the stairs acts as a small library. For more photos of the space and the shelves, click here.
- 4 A Swedish apartment uses basic shelving and a comfortable armchair to transform a hallway landing into a reading nook.
- 5 In a small entryway, built-in shelves near the ceiling hold books. There's also a home office hidden behind the sliding doors. To see it, click here.