With Spring in the air, we've been in the market for a new way to tote our gear from to and fro. Our laptop, although docked when at home, needs a secure place to travel when we're out and about without looking like, well... a laptop. These handmade and upcycled bags from Etsy could be just the cure!
We're always conscious about carrying our laptop around with us as we travel throughout the city and although it's quite common practices these days, it doesn't mean we're still 100% comfortable with the idea. The idea of carrying a bag that doesn't scream, "There's an expensive computer in here, steal me!" is a fabulous thing.
These Bumpy Ride Messenger bags from Zola Jones, based out of Chicago, are not only handmade with love to last, but contain upcycled seatbelts. Each one has a different closure and makes each bag feel a bit more guarded from the world around it. They're the right size to tote your gear without feeling big and bulky like traditional laptop and gear bags. Each Bumpy Ride Bag retails for $149 and comes in assorted color combinations, here's a few of our favorites:
• Bumpy Ride in Copper with Maroon Belt
• Bumpy Ride in Copper with Blue Belt
• Bumpy Ride in Grey with Blue Belt
• Bump Ride in Grey Fabric with Tan Belt
• Mister Messenger Bag with Vegan Leatherette (although there's no upcycled buckle, we still love this animal friendly product) $110
(Images: Zola Jones)