It's definitely not the first time we've talked about low-flow showerheads on Apartment Therapy. But for as much as we've delved into this subject, there's one type often left out of the bunch. So instead of looking at the fixed-head variety, lets turn our attention to the handheld shower head.Handshowers, while often not as pretty as their fixed-head counterpart, are just so practical! They are great for bathing pets, it makes cleaning the shower easier, and I've even cleaned a rug using one.
All the handshowers listed below fall somewhere between the 1.5 to 2.0 gallon per minute(GPM) mark, with the requirement for low-flow coming in at 2.5 GPM. They offer many different features from pushing a button that temporarily pauses the water to a 360 degree rotating head.
- Niagara Conservation's Earth Massage Handheld Showerhead - Adjustable 9-jet turbo massage. 1.5 and 2.0 GPM models available. White or chrome finish. A swivel and tangle-free hose. $22.95 - $24.95
- Waterpik EcoFlow 5 Mode - 1.5 GPM, 5 spray modes, and a pause button so you can stop the water while you're shaving or shampooing. $49.99 Waterpik also offers this in a 3 spray mode model and a 2 GPM, 6 spray mode model. $29.99 While priced right, the downside is all models by Waterpik are only offered in a chrome finish.
- Oxygenics Evolution - 4 spray settings, rotating head, a whopping 5 finishes, and 2.0 GPM. A nice feature on this model is to switch between sprays, you just push a button instead of turning the head. $64.95
- Oxygenics TriSpa - Now available in a 1.9 GPM model, 3 spray settings, 4 finishes. $54.95 Oxygenics also offers the BodySpa and IntelliShower in handheld models.
- Kohler MasterShower - 3 spray modes, 2.0 GPM, only available in polished chrome. $106.65