I've always admired the dedication and skill of quilters and simultaneously felt intimidated by their craft. Now that I'm becoming an aunt, I've realized that a baby-sized quilt is the perfect introduction to all that sewing, ironing, and basting. I'm deciding between these five patterns.
Any quilt will take time, but the simple shapes and small size of these ones make a great starting point. This kind of handmade gift shouts "I love you, baby!" Click the links to see full tutorials for each of these heartfelt projects.
1. Cheerful Quilted Playmat from The Purl Bee
2. Seersucker Baby Quilt from Martha Stewart
3. Basic square quilt by The Fickle Pickle
4. Pleated Strip Quilt by See Kate Sew
5. Simple Triangle Block Quilt by Sew, Mama, Sew!
(Images: As linked above)