I know it's still November and we haven't even had our turkey and mashed potatoes, but making gifts can take some time. Whether you're more comfortable with yarn, power tools, an oven, or some glue, here are 10 ideas for handcrafted presents.
Pretty much everyone appreciates a good handmade gift, and anyone can make one. Play to your strengths — even if you don't feel particularly dexterous, it's a matter of finding the right project.
1. Crocheted paper weight by Margaret Ooman for the The Purl Bee
2. Olive oil granola* from The New York Times
3. Paper quilt from Linda & Harriet
4. Quilted coasters from Jenny Ryan
5. Dip-dyed candles from Martha Stewart
6. Knit pillow cover from More Ways to Waste Time
7. Family tree from Martha Stewart
8. Body scrubs from Martha Stewart
9. Map coasters from The San Francisco Chronicle via Casa Sugar
10. Cutting boards from Centsational Girl via Design*Sponge
* I made this for my family last Christmas, and it was an overwhelming success. Try it!
Images: As linked, 2. Faith Durand for The Kitchn