I love the rough, rustic and imperfect feeling of salvaged headboards. They have a DIY spirit that makes them particularly appealing. In fact, the ones I've rounded up here were handmade — some of them by the very same people who sleep in them at night. Check these out and be inspired to make your own!
- Nadia Geller's bed for the Upward Bound House combines a rustic headboard with pillows made from old jeans!
- The imperfect look of the headboard Velvet Moss created for her friend out of fence wood and walnut stain gives it an even greater appeal. Check her blog to see the full pictures of how she did it.
- What could be simpler than this look? Keep the rest of the room equally simple to keep the look from feeling unfinished.
- Contrasted with snowy white bedding and modern architectural-style lamps, two pallets make an especially inviting headboard.
- This DIY from Design*Sponge puts a glamorous spin on the rustic look.
Images: Nadia Geller Lends A Design Hand to Upward Bound Shelter, image by Laure Joliet; Velvet Moss; MarieClaire Maison; Stylizimo; Design*Sponge