There's something carefree about tree swings on a hot summer day. I've definitely spent my fair share of lazy afternoons, hanging out, swinging with friends. For those of you who are lucky enough to have the outdoor space, you may want to consider one of these handmade swings this season:1. Wine Barrel Summer Time Tree Swing, $110 by Cool Hollow Farms: handmade from reclaimed fallen tree branches, rustic wine barrel staves and manilla rope. Hand rubbed with hemp oil.
2. Reclaimed Wood Tree Swing, $180 from Peg and Awl: made from reclaimed old growth pine that was once a floor joist for a 19th century house. Seat is finished with natural tung oil. Swing can be personalized with antique letter punches. Made in Philadelphia.
3. LEAF Swing, 600€ from En Essentia: handmade by Spanish artisans in solid Cerejeira wood (South American Oak). Rope is available in 5 different colors: red, black, white, navy, hemp.
4. Carved Oak Rope Swing, $180 from Kaufmann Mercantile Store: handcrafted swing made in upstate New York from reclaimed oak dunnage (the wood used to line ship holds to protect precious cargo).
5. Eagle Swing, $220 from Rosedale Swing Company: handcrafted from Western Red Cedar in British Columbia. 48" long and can hold 2 adults comfortably. Can be custom engraved.
6. The Original Tree Swing, $46 from The Original Tree Swing: handmade from reclaimed Elm or Ash. Seat is kiln dried and sanded, and then a light coat of mineral oil is applied to bring out the natural beauty of the wood. Made in Minnesota.
MORE SWINGS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• How To: Build a Simple Indoor Swing (for winter)
• Peg and Awl: Handmade from Foraged Materials
• The Swing Project by Jeffrey Waldman
(Images: as credited above)