- Brooklyn, NY
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that the room looks luxurious yet it was put together on a small budget. People have a hard time believing that the pair of white chairs (which are almost brand new) was $175!! Almost every furniture piece was from Craigslist, eBay or thrift stores, the only splurge was our bed. We are DIYers and I had the plan of doing my own headboard to save on money. But at the time, we were deep into our house gut-renovation and with a wedding to plan also, I figured it would be money well spent to save some of our sanity. I also love waking up to the soft-filtered light through the white curtains on a sunny weekend morning, seeing the photos of our travels on the walls and just feel so blessed to have a house to create our own, and wonderful family and friends, who are so encouraging on my passion for design and since seeing our house have asked me to design their spaces!
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- 1. Mix and match modern with vintage pieces to create a timeless room. 2. Buy big pieces in neutral and add colors through paint and accessories, like our stenciled wall.3. I feel that every room should have a balance between cool and warm tones for it to feel well-rounded. As for storage, living in a house, we are lucky to have plenty of room but I noticed that we tend to be more organized when everything has a designated place to be put away.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I did design our bedroom with it being a retreat in mind (with a walk-in-closet and an en suite, which we are in the middle of finishing up). But I am sad to say that so far this room is probably the room we spend the least of our waking-minutes in. Both of us have full time jobs and we are doing most of the renovation ourselves; so by the time we get to bed most nights, we pretty much just crashâ¦ glad we splurged on a nice and comfy bed!
My Bedroom Retreat