While watching Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 we were in awe with the gadgets in the film. While of course many of these devices exist only with the help of magic, we could not resist conjuring our best takes on what their Muggle alternatives would be. If you have not read the book or seen the movie yet and want to be totally surprised, do not read on!
- The Deluminator Sadly, there is no such awesomeness in the Muggle world, but the Surefire 6P is the right size and is a very powerful LED flashlight.
- Vintage Radio While these radios won't receive any magical broadcasts, they do have the right look and the right price.
- Fire in a Jar Since we can't work an Incendio spell like Hermoine and capture fire in a jar, a Sun Jar is the next closest thing.
- Magical Newspaper One of the things we've always loved about the world of J.K. Rowling's wizards is their amazing newspapers. The closest thing we've seen is The Page and we can't wait for it to go into production.
- Vintage Book Cover While it's no treasured copy of Beedle the Bard, we love the idea of taking an old book with damaged pages and turning it into a cover for our Kindle (we'd really love to see a Beedle the Bard case!).
- Camping Lantern Since a good portion of the film (after all this is Part 1) takes place camping, we could not resist locating an LED camping lantern.
- A Surprisingly Spacious Bag Due to being unable to render an Undetectable Extension charm, we will settle for the next best thing, a surprisingly spacious bag.
- Video Calling We think the closest thing we have to Patronus Messenger Charms and Fire Talking is video calling.
What are your favorite Muggle alternatives to Wizarding world tech?