Click on the store name to be taken to the full review
- Rose and Radish -- Half floral shop, half design shop. Aside from the floral arrangements, the shop is mostly known for its eclectic inventory of tabletop items, but it recently expanded into the loft so it could sell more furnishings.
- Inside -- Inside has a generally warmer approach to peddling their mid-century modern classics, which is what the store exclusively sells (all reproductions).
- Lotus Bleu -- Your one stop shop for all things brightly lacquered. Also a great source for vibrant fabrics and tabletop items (and a few refurbished vintage furnishings).
- Quatrine -- One of the larger stores in Hayes Valley. Great for sophisticated and opulent sofas and other upholstered items. All customized to fit your needs (and the prices reflect that).
- Scandinavian Details -- Mostly black and white furnishings sprinkled with some iconic mid-century modern pieces. Fantastic source for contemporary (yet playful) Scandinavian tabletop items. Oh, and Marimekko. Scandinavian Details is your Hayes Valley source for Marimekko.
- Peace Industry -- Great airy space for beautifully designed felt rugs. Designed by Melina Raissnia and handmade in Iran in a workshop she and her husband own and operate. All natural.
- Propeller -- Definitely the most design savvy of the Hayes Valley stores. The inventory here is constantly changing so that they can bring you the freshest contemporary designs. Great selection of furnishings with clean lines and excellent finishes/fabrics.
- Modern Artifacts -- Postwar art & design shop that has an impressive collection of hard-to-find classics and even better art.
ATVideo of the Day