City kids may spend more time on subways, buses and trains than in car seats, and these small wooden Munipals take traditional toy cars to a new level. Based on the NYC subway system, each toy train looks like the real deal and is based on real routes...
Sold at Black Wagon, the site also offers up some fun stats about the NYC subway system to get your kids even more excited to ride. For example:
- Laid end-to-end, NYC Transit train tracks would stretch from NYC to Chicago.
- The Stillwell Ave Terminal in Brooklyn is the first to use solar energy. It is expected to produce 210 kilowatts of power.
- The first woman conductor was I.A. Lilly, who started work on December 28th, 1917.
- Over 4.5 million people ride the subway every day.
- By taking the subway, riders keep over 400 million pounds of soot, carbon monoxide, and hydrocarbons out of the air each year.