Our previous post about antisocial gadgets got some good discussion going, particularly about that flashing piece of plastic we all love to hate, the Bluetooth headset. While we agree that there are many people who use them in ridiculous ways, there are also situations where they are extremely useful. It can't be all bad, we just all need a little headsetiquette.
Image via Bizarro
Here's what you need to know from Popgadget:
- Never incorporate your Bluetooth headset into your hairdo
- Keep the hand waving and shouting to a minimum in public to avoid looking crazy
- Never whisper sweet nothings into a loved one's ear while someone is talking into your own
- You or your dentist can sport a headset, but never psychiatrists
- Ditch it at wedding ceremonies, but feel free to tune out during divorce proceedings
We will also add:
- Do try to find one that doesn't have a flashing light. Only you need to know it's on, we don't.
- If you're not on a call, please just take it off.