Lots of reorganizations are taking place within the shelter magazine brands. Women's Wear Daily reports: "The ink was barely dry on the deal between Hearst and Lagardère before... the layoffs began. Patricia Haegele, senior vice president, publisher and chief revenue officer of Good Housekeeping, was named publishing director and Kate Kelly Smith, vice president, publisher and chief revenue officer of House Beautiful, was promoted to senior vice president and publishing director... Kelly Smith will manage the publishing side of Elle Decor and Veranda in addition to her current responsibilities."
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Hearst Is Shaking Things Up | Women's Wear Daily
• Are You Watching Million Dollar Decorators on Bravo? | Apartment Therapy
• Reviving a Classic Swedish Textile Design | The New York Times
• Home category 'outperforms' company average at Kohl's | Home Accents Today
• Haiti's Gingerbread Houses Focus of Preservation Efforts | Architectural Record
Photo: House Beautiful