Location: Canadian Flatlands
Heidi is my darling baby girl and third child. I wanted to give her a fresh and "new to her" nursery while keeping the budget in mind. With the exception of the IKEA dresser, all of the big furniture pieces are things we brought in from other rooms in our house or borrowed from friends and family.
For example, the sofa was something we had in storage. I've never really liked the colour, but rather than buying something new, I embraced the drab brown and did my best to make it work - breaking it up with lots of bright pillows helps and repeating the oatmeal colour (that's better than "drab brown") in the curtains does wonders too.
The armoire was being underused in the master bedroom so we moved it into the nursery; there's actually no closet in this room so the storage is terrific! The crib was a hand-me-down from a friend and the antique nursing rocker was borrowed from my in-laws.
We did most of the spending on art, lighting, accessories and a fresh coat of paint. The wall colour is Ivory White by Benjamin Moore which reminds me of a most delicious buttercream frosting! The toile chandelier is vintage and adds a lot of charm. I also love the watercolour prints from Yao Cheng (Minted).
There's a small original painting that hangs above the crib; I painted it especially for Heidi. All the little details add bits of colour that make the room come alive. The room feels age appropriate but most of the pieces will grow with Heidi for years to come. I'm delighted with how it's come together and hope you like it too!
- Crib: Nursery Works (no longer available)
- Armoire: Vintage
- Toile Chandelier: Vintage (purchased on eBay)
- "Goodnight" wall script: Gauge NYC
- Baby Animal Photographs: Sharon Montrose
- Nursing Rocker: Vintage
- White Dresser: IKEA (ring pulls from Lee Valley)
- Curtains & Brass Curtain Rod: Restoration Hardware
- Swing-Arm Wall Sconce: CB2
- Watercolour Art Prints: Flora in Peach
- Pom Pom Pillows: H&M Home
- White Pillows with Pink Dot: Tonic Living
- Gold Bows Pillow: Caitlin Wilson
- Green Velvet Bench: Vintage (reupholstery by Hiddenstitch)
- Faux Fur: Costco
- Square Mirror, White Wall Shelf, Trays, Clothes Basket: Homesense
- Change Pad, Bassinet & Rocking Stand: Babies 'R' Us
- Sofa: Urban Barn (no longer available)
- Picture Frames & Shadow Box: Michaels