Name: Helaina (6 months)
Location: Canberra, Australia
When I was pregnant, Helaina's dad and I decided that we would not decorate a nursery. We joked that parents decorated nurseries more for themselves, as babies are obviously too young to understand.
Then she came along, and I was filled with so much love for her I felt like I was going to explode. I wanted to give her everything and this room is one way in which I am able to express my love for her.
I wanted to create a baby girl's room that was simple and elegant, sprinkled with personal touches. I didn't want everything in it to be store-bought.
I've been able to achieve this by adding beautiful black and white photographs of Helaina's grandparents (from both sides) from when they were in their 20's, custom designed artwork created by her godfather, and by upcycling a favorite floor lamp.
- Crib: Nurseryworks
- ABC green polka dot crib sheet and paper butterfly mobile: Pottery Barn Kids
- Pink and white trellis wallpaper: Habitat Baby from The Wall Sticker Company
- White upholstered toy box: Hip Kids.
- Eero Arnio puppy stool: a gift from Helaina’s Godfather.
- Floor lamp: DIY Project - I’ve had it for 16 years. The shade used to be terra-cotta, I just gave it a refresh by painting it out in a Dulux white pearl finish and cutting off the extra curly bits on the stand.
- Custom ‘Helaina in Wonderland’ artwork: created by her very talented Godfather This is a very special piece.
- Pink princess vintage ride on pedal car: Mummy and daddy bought this for Heli for her first Christmas.
- Funky ceiling light: Light in the Box.
Thanks, Shah! Readers, you can see more of Shah by visiting her blog, Hammer and Heels.