Just a friendly reminder that we're still taking applications for an opportunity to join the ATLA team until June 20th. We've received many qualified candidates, but there's still plenty of time to apply.
Are you a resident of the City of Angels whose interests include decor, design, civic resources, with a "how can I help" attitude? Do friends and acquaintances call you a connector or maven of information, especially those topics related to home decor?
AT:Los Angeles is looking for a new blogger (or two) to join our growing team...someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Los Angeles and all the city's resources for making the home a better place to live through advice, resources and inspiration. Someone who can help connect our readership with the vast amount of information out there, with a nose for the unique, both locally and nationally.
We are looking for: someone whose passion encompass everything related to the home. Someone who is regularly exploring the coastal spots in Santa Monica all the way to the genteel streets of Pasadena, recognizing Los Angeles' unique lifestyle. You don't have to be a lifelong LA resident, but at least someone who loves the city for all it's unique quirks, secret spots, and beloved destinations.
What you get: Money - not much - but unlike many blogs, we DO pay. You'll also receive local, national and even international exposure as a writer and representative of AT:LA. All AT sites are not only popular with an ever growing readership, but also amongst those in the design industry. And most of all, you get the satisfaction knowing you're helping people out there create a more beautiful and healthy home!
Deadline: Wednesday, June 20th
- a commitment to a schedule of 2-3 posts daily
- an appreciation for both "high" and "low" solutions
- an ability to provide unique solutions for common problems
- a unique and strong editorial voice...we want personality!
- availability online via email, and preferably IM (AIM, Google Talk, Skype Chat, etc)
- a reliable up to date PC or Mac
- a high speed internet connection
- a digital camera
- Photoshop or other image editing software; a fundamental understanding of image manipulation and management (jpeg vs gifs, retouching images, reducing file sizes, etc).
- basic technical knowledge of HTML and FTP protocol
- availability for occasional AT-sponsored social events
- a teamwork oriented and proactive attitude
Ideally, AT:LA is looking for someone who already knows how to blog and is acquainted with the blogging culture, whether it is for their own blog or from previous online experience. We're also concurrently looking for someone who likes to shop regularly, who can proactively establish a relationship with Los Angeles design/decor businesses and services, and become our point person when dealing with shops around town. Special events management and promotional skills are highly desired!
We're also hoping to find someone who lives in areas such as La Brea, Miracle Mile, and Fairfax.
AT's Mission: constantly helping people to have beautiful, organized, healthy homes, through blogging resources, reviewing products, tracking the news and providing inspiration.
Please submit: to gregory @ apartmenttherapy . com with "ATLA EDITOR" in big letters in the subject header:
- Your name
- Where you live
- How did you find AT?
- What you would be doing the rest of the time
- 2 sample LA-themed posts with good pics - keep them 100-200 words max (convert all images to no wider than 6.25", file size no larger than 40k)
We will confirm your email within 24 hours and we will make our decisions asap.