Ever-versatile, hemp is in many ways an ideal material for the bathroom. Durable, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and absorbent hemp fibers may be used to make everything from shower curtains to back scrubbers. Moisturizing hempseed oil is stellar in soap and shampoo. Here are ten of our favorite picks for hemp in the bathroom.
• 1 Soapalaya Soaps Bath Scrubby, $8.50 at Etsy. Hand crocheted 100% hemp scrubby pad with hemp fabric binding on the edge. Comes with 2 sample soaps.
• 2 Rawganique Shower Curtain, $54-109. Made from 100% organic European hemp. Sweatshop-, PVC-, and VOC-free. Can be used with or without a liner.
• 3 Rawganique Terry Towels and Bath Mats, $16-149. Made from 65% organic European hemp/35% organic cotton. Sweatshop- and chemical-free.
• 4 Homestead Herbal Wash Cloth, $10 at Etsy. Hand knitted wash cloths made with soft hemp yarn.
• 5 The Body Shop Body Mitt, $10. Made from hemp and sourced from The Body Shop's Community Trade partner, MCC in Bangladesh.
• 6 Rawganique Woven Bath Mat, $22. Made from 100% organic European hemp. Sweatshop-free.
• 7 Orchard Farm Hemp Bar Soap, $5.95 at Etsy. Made with hemp oil, black tea, coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, and essential oils of tea tree, clove, bergamot, and litsea cubea.
• 8 Soapalaya Soaps Soap Pockets, $15.50 at Etsy. Set of 3 soap pockets with woven hemp fabric on one side (soft) and natural sisal (scrubby) on the other.
• 9 J.R. Liggett's Tea Tree & Hemp Oil Shampoo, $6.99. Made with 100% vegetable oils and no added fragrance.
• 10 Ecolution Back Scrub, $15.32 at Amazon. Made from 100% organic hemp in Romania. Sweatshop-free and processed without heavy caustic sodas and acid rinses.
Related: Hemp: Material Obsessions