Finally, we're seeing temperatures drop below 100—which is a very welcome harbinger of fall. Autumn is almost upon all of us, which normally means that it's getting cooler, and that's impetus enough to encourage us to turn the air conditioner off (at least part-time). Here are three easy ways to stay cool at night without the AC.
We love this list of staying cool, but here are three tried-and-true tricks for weaning oneself off AC for the fall.
1. As temperatures begin to drop, open up the windows and invite the cool night air in.
2. Utilize the fan. Circulating air will feel much better than stale air.
3. And, finally, as our parents used to tell my siblings and I, "Lay really, really still." It works: the less movement, the better, as far as staying cool is concerned.
Anyone ready to take the no-AC-at-night challenge?
• 9 Tricks to Beat the Heat (Without Turning Up the AC)
• How Can We Keep Our House Cool Without AC?
• How to Cool Off Without the AC
(Image: Flickr member Leon Wilson, licensed under Creative Commons)