Putting together a dining room is sort of formulaic. Table? Check. Chairs? Done. Tada! It's a dining room. You can add some finishing touches like a styled sideboard and artwork, but if you're missing this one key element, the whole space will feel incomplete...
Most dining tables and chairs are around the same height. And if you don't introduce something that draws the eye upward, the room's going to fall flat. Take stock of your own space and see if height isn't the missing puzzle piece for your room. If it is, here are some sky-scraping additions to consider.
- A tall hutch or storage unit.
- A long hanging, eye-catching light fixture.
- Chairs with tall backs, maybe just at each head of the table.
- Curtains that don't fade into the wall.
- Artwork, either a large single piece or a gallery wall.
- A tall plant.