When deciding on a place to set up your stereo gear, don't forget to look into racks that provide a solid foundation. Record players and other audio/video gear can be effected by mechanical vibrations. Sitting your precious Hi-Fi gear on well anchored furniture will help reduce unwanted interference. Here are five designs to consider:
- Quadraspire makes this vented audio rack that provides solid support as well as excellent air circulation to keep your system cool. Larger setups can use the Quadraspire SV2T Bamboo with Speaker; this is a specialty item, so use the online retailer finder to discover your nearest dealer.
- Solid Steel of Italy designs and builds the Hyperspike series of audio racks with thick heavy-duty shelving. The steel legs can be filled with sand or steel pellets for better anchoring.
- Available in a variety of hardwoods, Hi-Fi Racks makes the Podium Trios with a unique three point support system.
- Solid Steel also builds this doublewide Hyperspike audio/video rack to accommodate TV sets. These racks provide rigid options for gear placement and even a center channel speaker.
- Don't forget IKEA! If you are on a budget, you can sit your audio gear side-by-side on The Molger Sauna bench. Screwing in steel spikes to the legs of the Molger will help anchor it on carpet. An example of the Molger modified by an IKEA Hacker below:
Finding a rack that fits your decor and provides isolation can be a tall order. What have you found that does the trick?
(Images: as noted by manufacturers above; Danny/IKEA Hackers)