Like most rooms in your home, you want to find balance between form and function, and in the dining area, that means creating something that transitions effortlessly from everyday suppers to special dinners with guests. This dining room with both Scandinavian and traditional design elements has both great style and plenty of seating and storage. Here's how to get this Scandi-traditional dining room at any budget.
This fabulous dining space spotted in Living Etc on House to Home is the inspiration for this high/low look. It has lots of great contrasting elements that work well together. The warm wood contrasts the black and white palette while the crown moulding and traditional artwork counterbalances the industrial lighting and minimally designed dining set and accessories. It makes for a great space for long dinners sitting around with some great food and your favorite people.
If you have a healthy budget, here are a few ideas on how you can pull together this look for just over $3,500:
SHOP THE HIGH SCANDI-TRADITIONAL DINING LOOK:
1. Bowl Pendant, Wayfair, $285
2. Emmerson Reclaimed Wood Dining Table, West Elm, $1,499
3. Black Antique Verona Bench, World Market, $249
4. Casement Tall Black Cabinet, Crate & Barrel, $999
5. Madame X Hand Painted Portrait, Wayfair, $489
6. Concrete & Glass Hurricane Lamp, InsekDesign on Etsy, $80
Have about $1,000 to spend instead? Consider these choices:
SHOP THE LOW SCANDI-TRADITIONAL DINING LOOK:
1. Pendant Light, Wayfair, $65
2. Cologne Solid Wood Table, Structube, $549 CDN (on sale)
3. BJURSTA Dining Bench, IKEA, $119
4. BILLY Bookcase, IKEA, $199
5. Frida Framed Art Print, Ravynka on Society 6, $122
6. Concrete Hurricane Candle Holder, John Lewis, $41
Of course you can mix and match and add some of your own personal touches.