Ever wonder why furniture is more or less expensive? A lot of the time it has to do with what it's made of. Solid wood usually costs more than particleboard with a veneer finish. We've rounded up a few examples of platform beds in similar light wood finishes, ranging from solid maple (high) to bamboo and oak veneers (low)...
• 1 Solid Maple: American Modern Bed, $2,400 for a queen
• 2 Multi-Ply Hardwood: Case Study Bentwood V-Leg Bed, $1,550 for a queen
• 3 Veneered Bamboo and Iron: Tatami Bamboo Bed, $649 for a queen
• 4 Baichun Wood and Oak Veneer: Loop Bed, on sale for $300 (reg. $600) for a full
• 5 Particleboard, Fiberboard, and Wood Veneer: Malm Bed from IKEA, $200 for a queen