With a plethora of audio docks available, there may come a time when audio quality becomes the motivating feature you're looking for. To get the most out of your iPhone or iPod, check out these high-fidelity docks that promise to take your music to the next level.
1. Denon Cocoon: Denon might have only recently discovered the existence of iPhones and iPods, but their newly released Cocoon is a sultry-looking speaker. Each Cocoon features 4mm tweeters and 100mm woofers, powered by a four channel Class D amplifier. This dock is AirPlay- and DLNA-enabled but you can also connect other kinds of players thanks to the USB and audio jack. The most fascinating thing about the Cocoon is that you can setup iTunes to stream to multiple Cocoons placed in your home. They are available in black or white.
2. Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 8: This is the most expensive dock in this roundup, but it certainly is distinctive. You're getting a premium, wall-mountable dock, that will work with your iPad, iPhone and iPod.
3. Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air: Having performed well in our Test Lab, the updated Zeppelin with AirPlay is something to behold in person. The iconic design, and beautiful sound will put most of your previous speakers to shame.
4. Bose SoundDock 10: Boasting Bluetooth capabilities that are likely to function with any recently purchased phone, after 2007, this penultimate SoundDock won't blow your socks off, but it's striking design and good sound can make it your home's primary sound system. You'll need to purchase the Bluetooth module separately.
5. Audyssey Audio Dock: It comes with Bluetooth, a dedicated app, and a money-back guarantee, so it's hard not to be impressed with what Audyssey is offering with their premiere dock. While not as iconic-looking as the other docks in this roundup, it delivers good, balanced sound that's more affordable.
(Images: As credited above.)