Sometimes, picking out paint can be uninspiring. Blue, again? Yellow, for the third time? If you have a wall to paint, but find yourself staring at paint chips uninspired, consider a high gloss finish. Going high gloss can add a dose of glamour while bringing light into small spaces.
Lacquered walls have been in style for a few seasons now, and are a great option, but they can get a bit pricey. While high gloss paint won't look entirely like lacquer, it's still a nice change from standard eggshell finishes. It's also a good idea if you've been considering a dark color, but are hesitant — the extra light that bounces off will temper some of the darkness.
- A red wall catches the light in a stairwell and seems to expand the space. Via House Beautiful.
- Black glossy walls highlight the books and art in this library from Elle Decor.
- Decorator Jennifer Bright used glossy pink and orange paint to bring a pretty, unique edge to her daughter's bed. Via Country Living.
- Designer Tommy Smythe updates a Victorian home with shiny black walls, via Canadian House & Home.
- This gorgeous lacquered hall proves that you can go bold in a small space. Via The Wall Street Journal.
- Designer Christina Murphy creates a glamorous pairing with aubergine walls and a cream-colored bench.
- A lipstick red wall cleverly and stylishly defines space in this room from Houzz.
- Navy walls create a cozy, upscale feel in a room from DecorPad
More Posts on Glossy Walls:
Images: 1. Ngoc Minh Ngo for House Beautiful 2. Simon Upton for Elle Decor. 3. Roger Davies for Country Living 4. Angus Fergusson for Canadian House & Home 5. Eric Piasecki
for The Wall Street Journal 6. Christina Murphy Interiors 7. Emily Jagoda for Houzz 7. Jan Showers via DecorPad