Today, while glaring at my bare and drafty living room windows, I started to regret my decision to forgo curtains and put only shades on them. For years, I've loved it — they're bay windows that let in tons of light and actually look nice without anything. Lately, however, I've seen a lot of gorgeous, dramatic window treatments that are high impact without being fussy or precious.
Decadent solid fabrics seem to abound, as do quirkier choices like metallic geometrics — perhaps a runoff from the wallpaper craze? Rather than detract from the other elements of the room, these window treatments often highlight architectural features or tie the entire room together.
1. Navy curtains add a shot of color to a cream, yellow, and brown room at Sonja's Salon de Silver Lake.
2. White and yellow chevron curtains are muted but still dramatic. Lonny.
3. Graphic black and white curtains are an artistic frame for a brick wall. Rue.
4. Saturated pink curtains look exotic and bright. Living etc.
5 .Metallic gold and black curtains are trendy and decadent. SfGirlbyBay.
6. Emerald shades are a soothing and earthy addition to this calm bedroom. Apartment Therapy.
7. Black-and-white patterned drapes function as art in this minimalist space. Lonny.
8. Turquoise curtains look fresh against the black and white rug and yellow chairs in this eclectic dining room. House Beautiful.