No matter the size of your home, I think it's really important to create a casual, comfortable, welcoming space in which to sit down and enjoy a meal. If you're lucky enough to live in a larger space, this could be where you eat your morning cereal while poring over the latest news or your favorite home decor site (hint hint). If you're in a smaller space, it's your breakfast nook in the morning and your intimate dining room—with the help of some candles—at night. Here are high and low budget versions of a fresh, eclectic look for your casual dining space.
If you have a bit of a budget to play with and would like to invest in a few key pieces, try this look...
Get the HIGH Casual Dining Look:
- Wall art: All You Need Is Love Poster, Black Rooster, $365
- Planters: Trigg Wall Planters, West Elm, $25/set of 2 small
- Pendant: The Drake Hung Cord Pendant, Barn Light Electric, $109
- Chair: Eames Fiberglass Dowel-Leg Chair, Design Within Reach, $549(x2)
- Table: Compass Dining Table, CB2, $399
- Vase: White Stalk Vase, Jonathan Adler, $198
- Rug: Kaleidoscopic Blooms 5'x7' Rug, Anthropologie, $598
Or, if you're a bit more thrifty with your home decor purchases or you're a renter on the move, try this look!
Get the LOW Casual Dining Look:
- Wall art: Gold Foil Love digital poster, Le Papier on Etsy, $10
- Planters: Exemplary Contemporary Wall Vases, Mod Cloth, $29.99/set of 2
- Pendant: Foto Pendant Light, IKEA, $19.99
- Chairs: Janinge Chair, IKEA, $59(x2)
- Table: Retro Dining Table, Wayfair, $319
- Vase: Thrshd Stoneware Vase, Target, $17.99 (on sale)
- Rug: Magical Thinking Diamond Medallion Printed 5'x7' Rug, Urban Outfitters, $110
Note that each look includes the cost of two chairs, so you'll have to adjust accordingly. Of course, you can always mix and match between the two to create your own custom look to fit your budget!