The sun is getting intense and shady refuge is a necessity if you are going to fully enjoy your time in the garden. There are many options for shade (a tree, a building, a pergola) but if you desire instantaneous shade that you can erect anywhere, it is an umbrella that you need. Here are 10 great High/Low options.
High (over $500):
1. Hedgerow Studio's patio umbrellas come in a range of luxurious designs and colors.
2. Manta Modern Umbrella from Tucci
3. "Ensombra" from Gandia Blasco, folding parasol with slats of phenolic plate and pole of coated stainless steel.
4. "Sombrero" personal shade in repurposed teak by Mamagreen.
5. Santa Barbara Umbrellas come in a range of cute girly designs.
Low (under $500):
6. Raffia Umbrella from Pottery Barn
7. Black and White Stripe Umbrella (also from Pottery Barn)
8. The Pagoda Umbrella from Hayneedle comes in over 20 color combinations.
9. Indian Garden Company Parasols are exotic options that surprisingly don't cost too much (but need to be shipped from the UK).
10. The Parasol Acrilfashion Acrylic Stripe Umbrella from Wayfair gives an interesting and dramatic retro look.
(Images: as credited above)