Congratulations to everyone! We're officially halfway through our 2017 spring cleaning mission. Ten days down, ten more to go... and to celebrate, today's task should be a simple one. In fact, the hardest part is just going to be toting a stepstool around your apartment for a little while.
Unless you're 7 feet tall, there are likely a few spots around your home that hide from view, and spend their days collecting dust and grime until, well... right about now actually. Spring cleaning is as good a time as any to give these secret spaces a quick spruce up.
TODAY'S 20-MINUTE TASK
Clean on Top of Cabinets, Bookcases and Anything Else
Today's task doesn't need a lot of explanation. Grab the things in your usual dusting toolkit—be they clingy rags, a feather duster or Swiffer—and get to work. What we're looking to do today is dust and clear any flat surfaces above eye level. They're forgotten areas that collect dust without us noticing, and cleaning them up is sure to be satisfying work.
Here's what might be on the docket for you today:
- Tops of bookcases, and even some of the higher shelves
- The tops of your wall-mounted kitchen or bathroom cabinets
- The top of the refrigerator
- On top of stacked washer/dryers
- On top of door and window moldings
- Window valances
- The top edges of your picture frames
- The tops of framed mirrors
- The top of your wall-mounted TV (if you didn't get to it day 8)
- Exposed ductwork
- Ceiling vents
- Ceiling fans and fixtures (if you didn't get to them day 9)
With your tools—don't forget a stepstool or an extra-long handle attachment—and a plan of action, you're now ready to attack every sky-high nook and crannie.
Did I miss a spot? Tell me: What high up spots in your home get especially dusty without you hardly noticing?