Do you like the high-end look of the Alex crib by ducduc but can't afford the $985 price tag? If you're relatively handy, we've got a solution for you.
On the low end, try this hack of the IKEA Gulliver crib, a popular option among Ohdeedoh readers.
You'll need the following tools and materials:
- IKEA Gulliver Crib, 1 (all hardware included)
- 1/4' birch veneer plywood, 2 sheets
- 1/2' metal screw plugs, 8
- table saw (optional, your local home improvement store can cut to size)
- 1/2' drill bit
- wood glue
- sand paper and wood filler (optional)
- paint brush, primer and paint
You'll need to cut your plywood sheets into four pieces and affix to ends of Gulliver crib. Measurements and detailed instructions are available here.
Thanks to Ohdeedoh Reader Kim for tipping us off!