Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Washington, DC
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- My favorite part of my bedroom is that I can spend all day in it. I have stuck with a clean aesthetic and always work to make it cozier. I love how my room fills up with light in the morning and stays well light through the evening. I have been lucky to inherit some great furniture - my four-poster bed was given to me by my parents, once they realized a double bed is really too small for two people. My two handmade oriental rugs were given to me by my boyfriend who worked for two years at an oriental rug gallery in Montana - they are my favorite elements of my room.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Stick to a clean color palette. Showcase your best furniture pieces - don't hide them in clutter. Bring life into your room through cut flower arrangements or a potted plants - it will brighten your day!
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I am a traditionalist when it comes to beds - I only get into my bed to sleep. I try to keep the time in my bedroom to sleeping, relaxing and reading - which can mean spending an entire Sunday in my room.
See all entries