It's been cold and gray for a few days so looking back at July's travel and escape posts has been a delight. Revisiting Maxwell's adventures in Turkey is a great reminder that, despite the rain and fog outside my window, warm climes and clear waters do still exist! And there's not time like the present to start planning a getaway for 2012. Maybe a Frank Lloyd Wright house in the spring?
• 1 Traditional Gulets: The Best Boat Vacation in Turkey Ever
• 2 Inspiration: Displaying Travel Photos
• 3 Don't Forget: Checklist for Making the Perfect Getaway
• 4 Dream Vacation Rentals: Frank Lloyd Wright Edition
• 5 5 Easy Places to Tastefully Reflect Your Travels at Home
• 6 Quick History: Travel Trunks and Louis Vuitton
• 7 10 Tiny Getaways: Enjoy a Virtual Vacation
• 8 Travel Lightly: Our 5 Best Packing Tips
• 9 Inspiration Gallery: Displaying Travel Collections
• 10 Tips for a Smooth Reentry to Everyday Life After Vacation
* * *
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
Images: See linked posts for full image credits