Keep It Simple (Santas)! Sometimes the easiest ideas are the best ideas. This is especially true at the holidays, when both our cup and our schedules runneth over…
The geniuses at Real Simple understand this. That's why they've gathered together a bushel of decorating ideas that are so simple, even the most harried merry-maker can pull them off. It's about taking items that you already have (or will easily stumble upon during your shopping trips to the grocery, craft and hardware stores), and turning them into something a little more special, more festive, more magical. Easy-peasy.
1. Hoop Dreams. Stitchery holders go global when separated and spun into three-dimensional forms. Suspend above the table to create a fresh and festive constellation.
2. Glass Ceiling. Hung high, vintage ornaments on lengths of pretty ribbon become gorgeous holiday chandeliers.
3. Have a Ball. Wooden baubles strung with yarn are transformed into a beautifully modern table runner.
4. Simply Electric. A wire frame wrapped in old-fashioned Christmas lights flips the switch on modern wreath design.
5. Color Coded. Random paint chips become thoughtful gift tags when Pleasant Plum is attached to Polly's gift. Keep hues similar for instant gift recipient recognition.
For more images and decorating ideas, visit Real Simple.
Images: Real Simple