Over the last few years, garlands have been making appearances everywhere. From weddings, to parties, to House Tours – there’s no denying the joyful quality they add to any space in which they appear. I love all uses of garlands. But I especially love garlands for the holidays!
Whether they’re wrapped around the tree, swaged across the mantle, looped through a banister, or draped from a doorway; the sparkle and pop they bring just makes my heart sing. Maybe it’s their easy-going nature – the way you can string them virtually anywhere, and add instant festivity and fun where previously there was none. Whatever it is, for me, it wouldn’t be Christmas without them!
1. Hanging from the wall, garlands add a curtain of color and provide a dashing backdrop to a brilliantly festooned tree.
2. Tassel Garland - Neutrals
, Confetti Systems $130
3. Circle-Stitched and Concertina/Accordian Garland
, West Elm $12
4. Jingle Bell Garland
, Crate and Barrel $15.96
5. Winter Warmer Garland
, Anthopologie $68
6. Scalloped Dictionary 3D Christmas Garland
, Esty shop - House of White $8
7. Multicolor Garland
, Carate and Barrel $11.16
8. Shaggy Garland
, Anthropologie $68
9. From A to Z, MINI Vintage Alphabet Cards 1960's
, Etsy shop - 30one $5.95 (Attach with clips to a length of twine for a type-lover's DIY dream.)
10. Mirror Garland
, cb2 $3.95
Images: 1. Bright.Bazaar
for Rue Magazine
. 2-10. As linked above.