In the past, my taste in holiday decor could maybe be called Scandinavian Woodland Glam, but a Thanksgiving-day bus ride past the dollar stores on Mission changed everything. Piles of tinselly garland, glitter on everything, a fantastic clash of colors — it all hit me hard, in the same part of my heart that loves sequin dresses, glitter nail polish, and Dolly Parton...So, last year I decorated with mirror garland, tiny baby deer, Norwegian commemorative plates, and thrifted golden balls — I think the garland and balls can stay, but the others will have to wait for a "classier" Christmas in the future. Though of course I plan on hitting all the Mission dollar stores on my next day off, my hope is that I can find everything used. I already scored a bulk bag of glass ornaments — this time in golds and candy colors — so I'm on my way!
• Look at this tree! So silver, so pink, and so many ornaments you can't even see the tree! I like when Martha Stewart goes over-the-top.
• This pre-lit hot pink faux-evergreen garland is really everything I could hope for, but pretty pricey. I want to wear it.
• This wreath from HollyNorth does not hold back, and I respect it for that.
• Scalloped garland from StephLovesBen is darling and innocent, but the gold glitter adds a perfect Vegas touch.
• Finally, this image from Glitter With Rock & Roll is exactly what I'm envisioning: piles of glitter, sequins, sparkle, shine, a big mess of fabulous festivity.
Images: As credited above.