Remember when you were a kid and you'd fall asleep in the glow of the Christmas tree or you'd get really excited when your mom let you light the candles at the dining room table? More than any other decoration, holiday lighting can change the way your home feels. Sure, it's a sentimental — and maybe a little schmaltzy — thought, but that's what the holidays are about, right?
Here are ten examples of that warm, cozy feeling from real homes. Some are obvious ones (like Christmas trees and tapered candles) but others are more subtle ideas (like soft bedside lamps with floral arrangements) that can be put to use year-round.
• Tyler and Sarah's Primitive Modern Retreat (1-2)
• Doug's Home for the Holidays (3-4)
• Kate's Edwardian Update (5)
• Joanna & Dave's Arizona Dream Home (6)
• Mark and Marisa's Eclectic Inspired Pad (7)
• Heather's Tobacco Warehouse Dream Loft (8-9)
• Maria's Surprise-Filled Classic Home (10)
Photos: Tanya Lacourse, Doug Davis, Kate, John Woodcock, Beth Zeigler, Jill Slater, Briana Brough Photography