If your family is anything like ours, the holidays don't really look like the pages of Martha Stewart Living. On a Thanksgiving morning, you might find us all bleary-eyed in our pajamas, the beds unmade, the kitchen counter littered with boxes full of half-eaten Entenmann's and dirty coffee cups.
To show what many homes actually look like during the holidays, we turned to that reservoir of real life, Flickr, where we found scenes of messy kitchens, tangled holiday lights, and living room floors covered in the carnage of open presents. Sound familiar?
• 1 Messy Holiday Bed by all edwards
• 2 Messy Kitchen by subspace
• 3 Messy Table by amy kearns
• 4 Christmas in Houston by jmayer1129
• 5 Chanukka-mess by Alexander Smolianitski
• 6 Tangled Lights by shoothead
• 7 Ornaments by Joe Shlabotnik
• 8 The Mess Before by Andrea_R
• 9 Piles of a Dog by Orin Zebest
• 10 Creative Space by quiltingmick / michelle
All photos used under Creative Commons license.